Welcome to Parkinson's Australia
Parkinson’s Australia is the national peak body and charity representing more than 80,000 Australians living with Parkinson’s.
We advocate for the needs of people living with Parkinson’s, and for their families and carers.
- Advocate to raise awareness of the significant cost of Parkinson’s in social and economic terms.
- Build partnerships with relevant bodies to enhance our effectiveness.
- Educate health professionals, politicians and the public about Parkinson’s.
- Encourage research
Parkinson’s Australia is a Federation of State and Territory based Parkinson’s Organisations.
Members of Parkinson's Australia are:
- Parkinson’s Australia Capital Territory (PACT)
- Parkinson’s New South Wales (PNSW)
- Parkinson’s Queensland (PQI)
- Parkinson’s South Australia (PSA)
- Parkinson’s Tasmania (PTAS)
- Parkinson’s Victoria (PVIC)
- Parkinson’s Western Australia (PWA) - also incorporating Parkinson's NT
We also maintain contact with other Parkinson’s organisations around the world and the World Parkinson’s Coalition.
Service delivery is the role of the State based organisations. Please contact the Parkinson’s State based organisations by clicking on your relevant state on the top right hand corner of the webpage.